Business Size: 9000+, 125 Locations
Industry: Assisted Living
Products: ShoreTel, Ruckus, Ascom
Customer Since: 2007
About Atria Senior Living
Atria Senior Living is one of the nation’s leading providers of independent, supportive, and assisted living. Atria is home to more than 14,000 older Americans, at 125 communicates in 27 states. Their goal is to provide environments where older people flourish, where loneliness and isolation are forgotten, and where families feel confident that their aging members are secure and thriving.
Atria Senior Living is extremely focused on the care and well-being of their residents, so naturally the communication systems in their communities are vital to delivering great care. The technology supporting communication between families, residents, admin, and nursing staff is an essential ingredient to their continued success.
Harbor Networks is both the digital systems and VoIP provider for Atria Senior Living’s communities. Atria Hillcrest is located in Thousand Oaks, Calif.
- Replace their failing phone system with ShoreTel VoIP technology
- Provide the nursing staff with a reliable wireless option
- Atria Hillcrest was a redevelopment site which made cabling within the building a key challenge
- Design a solution to adequately distribute Wi-Fi signals throughout the large building
- Address a growing need for wireless applications within this community
Harbor Networks worked closely with the voice and IT contacts in Atria’s Louisville HQ to design a complete solution and implementation plan. The solution addressed all of the needs listed above incorporating ShoreTel UC System, Remote Access, Ruckus Wireless Ethernet, and cabling as part of the build-out.
- This community now has access to the VoIP features in ShoreTel’s brilliantly simple Unified Communications System.
- Moves, adds, and changes are simpler and faster to execute from the Corporate HQ in Louisville or from the Harbor Networks Support Center in Framingham, Mass.
- They were able to address a major concern with call coverage between departments and shifts by using customized routing features.
- The Ruckus Wireless solution provides residents and guests with business grade Wi-Fi access throughout this very large facility.
- Ruckus Wireless technology also addresses the coverage issues from the previous system by steering signals around obstacles and interference, resulting in a dependable and complete wireless footprint.
- New Ascom Wireless IP Phones now connect to the Ruckus network, and provide the essential communications link for the nurses day and night.